1 800 103 2581
International Entrance Scholarship
The entrance scholarship supports students who have proven to be successful in their previous academic studies. Students are selected based on their previous academic performance and their engagement in their school, community and/or personal development.
All applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency:
- BC high school English 12 – minimum grade of “C” (based on course grade and provincial exam mark)
- BC high school Communications 12 – minimum grade of “B” (based on course grade and provincial exam mark)
- TOEFL – minimum score of 83 (Internet-based) or 560 (paper-based)
- IELTS (academic module) – minimum overall score of 6.5
- EIKEN Test in Practical English – minimum placement of Grade 1
- International Baccalaureate (IB) English Language A (Higher Level) – Minimum grade of 6 or “C”
- Language Proficiency Index (LPI) – minimum essay level score of 4
- Successful completion of EASL 0360 or EASL 0460 course at Douglas
- Successful completion of the Douglas College Writing Assessment
- Proof of undergraduate (Bachelor) degree from a postsecondary institution in a country where English is the official language.
To apply for a scholarship, download and complete our entrance scholarship form (PDF) before the deadlines and email with all supporting documents: Copy of the signature and picture page of your current passport; Copy of your secondary school transcript; Copy of the marks of national exams; and Copy of your latest English proficiency test results.
CAD $100,000 entrance scholarships to new international students each year.
1 April 2017, 31 May 2017, 30 September 2017