We know that as you’ve been preparing for your PG admissions–the GRE has been whispering sweet nothings in your ear (i.e. nothing sweet to say)! Well here are a few grad schools we found that offer an MS in Computer Science in the USA without the GRE. Read on to put all those GRE jitters to rest…
BYTE Reality Back!
And pssstt….world-renowned billionaires like Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, or even Mark Zuckerberg never sat for the four –hour-GRE test (or to be more precise- three hours and 45 minutes) but have changed the way our world revolves in ways no one could have ever imagined!
So as Steve Jobs would’ve probably said it -you don’t need that GRE score to “put a ding in the universe” - all you need is the right drive, knowledge, and you’re off to a bright, bug-free future!
Where Cookies Don’t Have Chocolate Chips!
Just in case you still remain apprehensive about skipping the universal standardized test and fear that these programmes may have a bad rep in the academic world, rest assured that there are prestigious names in here. Read on to see who’s made our list…
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) - You read right-MIT- we repeat- MIT, based out of Cambridge, is offering its graduate programme in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science without any expectations of a GRE score. Can hardly believe it? Well- believe it!
- John Hopkins University- This well renowned Uni’s Whiting School of Engineering offers masters programmes in Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, & Cyber Security minus the GRE. (Yeay!)
- Florida Institute of Technology – Based out of Melbourne, the Florida Institute of Technology offers the M.S Computer Information Systems Programme without listing GRE as a requirement.
- University of Iowa: A Master of Computer Science is offered GRE-free by the University of Iowa as a non-research, course based programme. Technically, they encourage students to go in with a GRE-score but ahem-this isn’t mandatory for admission into the programme.
- Grand Valley State University – Based in Michigan, USA, Grand Valley State University doesn’t need its Computer Information Systems applicants to have taken the GRE as long as their UG GPA hasn’t dipped below 3.0.
- New Mexico State University – You can also drop in an application to the New Mexico State University’s M.S. Computer Science without having to sit for the GRE.
- Purdue University – West Lafayette- This Uni also doesn’t need the GRE for its M.S. in Computer Science.
- University of Bridgeport- Located in Connecticut, the University of Bridgeport also greets us with good GRE-news on their website: GRE is recommended, but NOT required for admission into any of our Master’s level programmes.
- University of Illinois – The University of Illinois offers an M.S. in Computer Science programme and states in its entry requirements -“We do not require a GRE score.” (Score!)
- Towson University – Towson University’s M.S. in Computer Science also doesn’t ask for the GRE either when you glance through their admissions section!
These, are our pick of top ten unis offering Masters in Computer Science in USA without GRE. Which one do you see yourself in sometime soon? Too soon to ask?
And wait- it gets better- if you are interested in enrolling in any of the above unis or even need help finding the right programme for you- all you need to do is drop us an email or give us a call and our counsellors will help you out with the application process-absolutely free of cost!