1 800 103 2581
International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS)
Applicants must be a citizen of any overseas country, except New Zealand, and, satisfy the University's academic entry requirements for a Masters degree by research or Doctorate by research, including the English proficiency levels set by Flinders University for international students. Students for whom English is a foreign language will need to provide evidence of their English language competence; must not hold an equivalent research higher degree qualification. Applications are only open to students commencing a research higher degree in Australia for the first time; must not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status or New Zealand citizenship.
Students can apply online.
Please contact the provider
Expected August 2017
Postgraduate Research Scholarships for Research Higher Degrees
- be Australian citizens or New Zealand citizens (may not be eligible for some scholarships listed) or have been granted permanent resident status; or
- be an international student who has completed an honours or equivalent qualification at an Australian University no more than three years prior to the application closing date (may not be eligible for all scholarships listed above);
- have completed an excellent undergraduate degree;
- have completed at least four years of tertiary education studies at a high level of achievement and have an appropriate Honours undergraduate degree;
- be enrolling as full-time students (part-time awards are available in certain circumstances);
- be commencing or continuing a Masters degree by research or Doctorate by research in 2015 (main round only);
- have had their candidature accepted in the area in which they propose to undertake their studies.
Additional eligibility criteria apply to some awards.
Each postgraduate research scholarship pays a stipend (living allowance) between AUD $25,849.00 and AUD $36,706 (2015 rate) which is tax-free for full-time study.
Expected October 2017