One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
3yrs experience in wipro for MBA
Ravikiran Doniparthi profile image Ravikiran Doniparthi Member Join date: Oct, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I would like to pursue MBA in US by writing IELTS i have 3 years of experience in wipro, ll i get admission in good university??
  • October 15, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (2)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9932 Trusted Advisor

Hi, If you want to get in to a good University in USA, you need to do GMAT and look at scoring atleast 550 and above to get admission in a good University. But a score 700 plus will be help you gain admission in a Top 50 University. Your work experience of 3 years is handy and will be a great advantage when your application gets processed. You also should understand that most of the Top 50 Universities are quite expensive and could cost upwards of 25 to 30 lakhs. So understand your financial capabilities before you venture to apply for Universities. 

GMAT is not a easy exam and requires some preparation. You can train yourselves or get in trained in good training firms like Princeton Review or Kaplan to get a good score. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants
Rahul Dutt profile image Rahul Dutt Member Join date: Oct, 2012 Posts: 4 Points: 60 Trusted Advisor

Hi Ravi,

Wipro experience will certainly help you.In case you are bored doing a programming job, it's a good idea to try and get admission in a good State Univ in USA. GMAT and TOEFL/IELTS scores of bw 580-750 and 100 plus respectively will help you get admission and maybe scholarships too.Go for middle tier Univs like Cleveland State, Univ of Cincinnatti, WKU, UMass to name a few. Also keep Canada as an option. Plenty of good Business Schools to choose from. 

Budget will be within $25000 per annum max. Check out free demo classes with Local coaching centers in your city who have been around even before Princeton and Kaplan.They may just be having the best Faculty. If you follow a precise process, you will have an 80% chance of success.

All the best, USA is looking for profiles like yours.Hopoe u got first divn or more in your Engg degree?

All the Best!

Rahul Dutt.

Rahul Dutt | USA Univ Quest

Add a quick reply to '3yrs experience in wipro for MBA'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.