One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 5 of 12 posts
Will a 5 year gap affect my study abroad plan?
Bhupesh Gupta Bhupesh Gupta Member Join date: Jun, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 0

i have 5 year gap in my studies after 12th i am doing job in IT field i have  a computer hardware networking diploma also.now i want to go australia for studies can i get the visa or not

please help me

• June 06, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Undergraduate | Preferred study destination: Australia

Replies (12)

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

Hello Bhupesh,

You need to justify your educational gap. If you have work experiences during the educational gap than you have better chance for admission. For visa you need to meet visa requirements besides the reason for gap. You may need a good study abroad counselor to guide you in your process.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Richard Lasrado

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre
Andrea Angelo Andrea Angelo Expert Join date: Jun, 2014 Posts: 115 Points: 1650 Trusted Advisor

Hi Bhupesh,

You can get your visa to Australia. As long as you can cover the gap of 5 years with work experience or studies. Preferably opt for a UG degree rather than a Diploma program.

You can find options at http://www.hotcoursesabroad.com/india/training-degrees/australia/undergraduate/it-courses/loc/9/slevel/2/cgory/e2-3/sin/ct/programs.html

Do get in touch with us so that we can suggested you further steps and options. You can write to enquiries@hotcourses.co.in

Andrea Angelo | Hotcourses India Pvt Limited
Shoaib Siddiq profile image Shoaib Siddiq Member Join date: Sep, 2015 Posts: 2 Points: 11

Hello, This is SHOAIB. I want to go abroad for study in IT. But have five year gap. However, I have proof but not full five years. And the particular place is not necessary for me. I want to go which is easy, Australia, Canada, Germany , Ireland, Malaysia l, Switzerland Singapore and etc..what ever possible . 

Andrea Angelo Andrea Angelo Expert Join date: Jun, 2014 Posts: 115 Points: 1650 Trusted Advisor

Hi Shoaib,

As long as you can cover the gap of 5 years with work experience or studies you can try for overseas education. We will need to take a detailed look at your profile to suggested you further steps and options. You can write to enquiries@hotcourses.co.in or call us at toll free number 1800 103 9634

Andrea Angelo | Hotcourses India Pvt Limited
Notsha Tdn profile image Notsha Tdn Member Join date: Oct, 2015 Posts: 1 Points: 10

i have a 3 years study gap and 58% on my 12 grade. i have work experiences that i can show. i want to know what are the chances of visa deny?

Add a quick reply to 'Will a 5 year gap affect my study abroad plan?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.