One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
A clarification on the name to be provided when registering for the GRE
Vishnu Muralidharan profile image Vishnu Muralidharan Member Join date: May, 2012 Posts: 5 Points: 10
I have recently obtained my passport. The officers at the passport office will enter our name in the passport as per other documents like birth certificate etc. Though my name is Vishnu and my father's name is Muralidharan, all my documents contain my name as Vishnu Muralidharan. So my given name in the passport has become Vishnu Muralidharan. While registering for the GRE, the field that is given for entering our name is First/Given Name and we should enter the name as given in the primary identification document to be produced at the test centre(i.e.passport). The name should also be entered without spaces. As my given name is Vishnu Muralidharan, i am not able enter that. Considering the fact that they have asked for First/Given Name, i have entered my name in this field as Vishnu (my first name) and Muralidharan in the Last Name field. Though this seems to be intuitive, I have a doubt whether i will be allowed to write the test after they verify the passport.Please help me.
  • March 31, 2013

Replies (1)

Madhan Kumar Madhan Kumar Expert Join date: Feb, 2013 Posts: 601 Points: 9310

Hi Vishnu, yes I understand , But did you check this page on ETS GRE .. Its clearly explained here

Add a quick reply to 'A clarification on the name to be provided when registering for the GRE'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.