1 800 103 2581
- March 27, 2012
- Preferred study destination: Australia
Add a quick reply to 'About Australia's streamline processing and finance requirement'
Students who are lodging their student visa applications on or after 24th March 2012 with COE from the participating university for Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degree levels irrespective of their country of origin who are enrolled with universities are eligible for streamlined Visa processing.
1. Bachelors degree
2. Master degree by course work
3. Masters degree by research work
4. Doctoral degrees
5. ELICOS and VET courses for an international students…….. are eligible for special process
But the students who are enrolled under the short courses, graduate diplomas, associate degrees, graduate certificates, diplomas and advanced diplomas do not come under the streamlined process.
Universities listed - It is not compulsory to participate by all the universities for the streamlined visa processing. The universities who are participating in streamlined visa processing will be known on 24th March 2012.
I. What is Stream line and how is it addressed.
1. Students who are under the streamlined visa processing would generally have reduced evidentiary requirements when applying for a student visa irrespective of their Nationality.
2. But Students would have to meet the minimum requirements in respect of English Proficiency and financials would have to satisfy the GTE. But there is a very less burden in documentation compare to the current.
1. Student need to provide COE not the offer letter for an eligible selected course from the participating university when he is lodging his student visa application.
2. Students who are going on pre-requisites i.e English Language Course followed by the main course they should provide the COE for both the pre-requisite and the main course at the time of lodging their application.
3. Students who are not eligible for Stream lined Visa Processing also can apply for a student visa with current processing guide lines.
4. Students can apply under the current student visa processes if their selected university is not a participant in stream line visa processing.
III. Benefits of streamline visa
1. Student visa application processes very quickly.
2. Students will have reduced documentation (Proofs)
3. Increases high quality International GTE’s
4. Visa Lodgement process is same for the Streamlined Visa Applicants.
5. No additional documents required for the students whose selected Universities are in Streamlined Visa processing
IV. What are the proposed new changes in student visa processing?
A number of changes are proposed in order to help simplify and improve the student visa application process and the processing of student visas. The main suggested changes include:
1. A reduction in financial requirements for Assessment Level (AL) 3 and AL4 student visa applicants.
2. Streamlined visa processing for some students.
3. Stopping the Pre-Visa Assessment (PVA) policy.
4. Student visas will be able to be granted in advance of four months before the start of the course
5. The regular review and update of the living cost component of student visa financial requirements.
V. How would the financial requirements for higher risk AL3 and AL4 student visa applicants change?
The government has proposed to reduce the financial requirements for AL3 and AL4 student visa applicants. The following changes have been suggested:
1. Evidence of funds for AL4 applicants would be reduced from 36 to 24 months and their savings history reduced from six to three months
2. Evidence of funds for AL3 applicants would be reduced from 24 to 18 months.
This means that the financial requirements would reduce by around AUD36 000 for an AL4 applicant and around AUD18 000 for an AL3 applicant.
You can also refer to the pdf of Australian Government Department of Immigration.