One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 4 posts
Suggest career advice to study abroad
Siddharth Gokhru profile image Siddharth Gokhru Member Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 9 Points: 0
What should I do? What will you advise me? Please suggest me some good course, so i can take and where to study? And I want to earn good income. And my percentage will be near about 45-50% of 12th science.
  • March 14, 2012
  • Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (4)

Anirban Sircar profile image Anirban Sircar Member Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 3 Points: 45 Trusted Advisor

What subjects have you taken at 12th? Which board?

Anirban Sircar | APS Consultancy Services
Nanthini Jp Nanthini Jp Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 78 Points: 1085 Trusted Advisor

Hi, since you have completed your 12th in Science you have many options like - Computer Science, Information Technology, Biotechnology, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical n Electronical Engineering, Aeronautical, Civil Engineering, Animation, Software Engineering, Education, Health Care, Network Engineering, Public Health, you have many business studies, etc... 

Documents required - 10th & 12th mark sheet, 2 reference letter, statement of purpose, passport, resume, if you have work experience you can provide. 

If your look for low budget you can take up HND program which is of 1 year, after completion of this you can join the 3rd year or make top-up program of Bachelor only in business. If its science program then you will be able to join in 2nd year in bachelors. 

If you could able to give me which particular subject is your interested, which country? etc then we could provide you perfect information... 

Best Wishes...

Nanthini Jp | Peterkins Educational Solution Pvt. Ltd.
Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

If you have not made any choice of major than BBA could be best option for you looking at your grades and your intention to earn good income. Bachelors in Business Administration (BBA) have wide applications in industry. If you like numbers (Mathematics) than you should take major as Finance or Banking or Accounting or anything related. If you are good in theory subjects and like meeting new people, making friends and like talking and sharing ideas than you could take Human Resource (HR) as your major. If you like to take challenges in life and you are good in talking and convincing people than try for Marketing related major. If Information Technology (IT) is of your interest than you could major in IT. If you are a thinking person and do come out with strange but interesting ideas or solutions than you opt for Advertising. If you have any other quality than do let me know and I will suggest you major that suits your behavioral profile. I believe with 45-50% grade you should be able to get admission in BBA in country of your choice. Thank you!

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre
Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9937 Trusted Advisor

Hi, If you are expecting only 45 to 50% marks, probably you are not someone whois academically inclined. You can think of taking up courses which offer hands of experience and less Academics like Hotel Management which offers lots of Practicals exposure. You can look at good schools in Singapore like SHATEC and  Nanyang Institute of Management in Singapore, both offer 1 year Diplomas and you can progress to Bachelors. Excellent Job opportunities exist in Hospitality and Tourism. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'Suggest career advice to study abroad'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.