One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 3 posts
About Disaster management course and scholarship information.
Irteja Hasan profile image Irteja Hasan Member Join date: Jul, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I want details for Disaster management course with scholarships available and fees structure.
  • July 02, 2012
  • Preferred study destination: United Kingdom

Replies (3)

Sasidharan Nambiar Sasidharan Nambiar Expert Join date: Jun, 2012 Posts: 130 Points: 1935 Trusted Advisor

Hi,

Regarding your query for Disaster Management, you can do the Masters program in Disaster Management in Coventry University, UK. It is a one year program and the fee would be 8.5 lakhs.

Or you can do a Masters in Crisis and Disaster Management in University of Portsmouth, UK which is one of the top 50 universities. It is also a one year program with a fee of around 9.75 lakhs.

The scholarships available in these universities is on the case by case basis and purely depends on the marks scored by you.

All the Best!

Sasidharan Nambiar | IMTP Consultants
Selvin Noel David Selvin Noel David Member Join date: Jun, 2012 Posts: 7 Points: 70 Trusted Advisor

Hi,

Adding to the previous answer I would like to give you 3 more programmes

MSc Disaster Management and Sustainable Development at Northumbria University - This programme uses an interdisciplinary approach to examine both disaster management and sustainable development on the basis that best practice in one is increasingly dependent on best practice in the other. Tuition Fees for the programme is GBP10,800 (approximately Rs.9,18,000). The University offers a range of scholarships and fees discounts to International students

MSc Hazard and Disaster Management at Kingston University -  The programme in Hazards and Disaster Management is ideal if you want to start or advance a career in hazard and risk management, environmental monitoring, emergency planning or catastrophe-related mitigation. Tuition fees for the programme is GBP11500 (approximately Rs.9,77,500). The University offers upto GBP3500 as Scholarship for International Students.

MSc Earthquake Engineering with Disaster Management at University of London is also a very good choice provided you have the eligibility for the programme.

Have a great time doing your Masters programme

Selvin Noel David | Counsellor Overseas Education
Masud Hasan Masud Hasan Contributor Join date: Jul, 2012 Posts: 19 Points: 235 Trusted Advisor

Dear

Greetings!!
There are many universities offerring masters courses in Disaster Management. For example:

MA-International Disaster Management- University of Manchester
MSc- Crisis and Disaster Management- University of Portsmouth
MSc- Hazards and Disaster Management- Kingston University
MSc-Risk, Disaster and Environmental Management- University of Huddersfield
MSc- Disaster Management and Sustainable Development- Northumbria University

Apart for this I would like if you can look into mentioned below course as well. In recent years climate change has held a lead position on the international development agenda and world political stage. Therefore you will have better job opportunities after this course.

MSc- Climate Change and International Development- University of East Anglia

For fees and scholraship option you can visit the university website. If you face any problem please let me know I will provide you the information. Good Luck

Masud Hasan | Global Education Service

Add a quick reply to 'About Disaster management course and scholarship information.'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.