One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 3 posts
Can I study abroad without clearing IELTS?
Spellings Ins profile image Spellings Ins Member Join date: Oct, 2013 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Dear Sir, Is USA/Canada/Australia/NZ have options to for study without clearing the IELTS? I mean to say that there should be some study options where English Proficiency not required. Yours Truly, Sarav Shakti
  • October 13, 2013

Replies (3)

Madhan Kumar Madhan Kumar Expert Join date: Feb, 2013 Posts: 601 Points: 9315

There are very few colleges that allow you to take admission without IELTS score provided you have a good score in English. But again, this varies from university to university..

However,the colleges that does not require IELTS score are not as competitive as the ones that require it. So, I would recommend you to take the exam so as to get admitted into a good university.

check out this article for more info - Is IELTS Mandatory to Study Abroad?

Almasto Kapoor profile image Almasto Kapoor Member Join date: Feb, 2014 Posts: 7 Points: 90

You can study in New Zealand without doing IELTS or any other test if you can clear one of the 2 conditions - either you should have done your schooling from an english medium school or you can give an english placement test conducted by the college at the agent office which you have to clear. If you can clear one of the 2 above conditions you don't need to do IELTS or TOEFL. Regards Almasto Kapoor

Rakhi Jain profile image Rakhi Jain Contributor Join date: Nov, 2016 Posts: 18 Points: 231

Mostly you require to give these tests designed to dtermine the speaking, reading and lsitening skills of a student in english language, TOEFL and IELTS are widely accpted formats. Hovever there are some abroad universities thatdon't ask for TOEFL/IELTS scores, some universites also grant admission to non-english speaking international students on the condition that they take proficency tests like Intensive English Language Program (IELP). 

Add a quick reply to 'Can I study abroad without clearing IELTS?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.