One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
About enrolling in International Technological University.
Nikita Negi profile image Nikita Negi Member Join date: Aug, 2012 Posts: 2 Points: 0
Hi, I am Nikita Negi and have completed my master's in Biotechnology from India, and was planning to do my second masters degree for US and then was planning to do my PhD , but after getting rejected from other 5 universities applied International Technological University in California. I have received my I20 and I have only 12 days left to report there. I want to know is it worth spending on this university for MBA in biotechnology? Are there chances of getting job, after having good scores in MBA? I will be glad if I had your reply as soon as possible
  • August 23, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

Hello Nikita,

You have answered the question yourself when you state that you have applied to 6 USA Universities of which 5 declined and received admit from ITU. You know that you have two options with you:

Option1: Either you improve your GMAT score and apply to few more USA Universities for term starting January 2013 intake or for term starting August 2013 intake

Option2: Apply for visa with ITU I-20 provided your financial documents are ready.

In USA transfer from one university to another USA university is possible and you could take transfer after one semester or after one year provided you get GPA of 3.0 or above. Hence, there is flexibility available for you to change the university.

Your job prospect will depend on your GPA and your networking skills with the industry. If you are proactive and smart enough to forward your resume to your seniors, professors and from people in the industry you will probably end up with a decent job to start with.

Regards,

Richard Lasrado

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre

Add a quick reply to 'About enrolling in International Technological University.'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.