One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 4 posts
About the Staffordshire University?
Alakhdeep Singh profile image Alakhdeep Singh Member Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Hello Sir, I got the unconditional offer from the university, just before confirming my place I want to know that whether its a good university for under graduation in computer science with a year in industry. Job prospectus after my graduation in computer science.
  • March 15, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Undergraduate | Preferred study destination: United Kingdom

Replies (4)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9932 Trusted Advisor

Hi, Staffordshire is a Decently ranked University but not the best in UK. You can go in to Times higher Education Ranking to see the rankings of most Universities around the world. 

There is a general recession in UK and job prospects will depend on your performance and Economic conditions which prevail in Europe 3 to 4 years from now. Since you are planning to do a UG course, you need to put confidence in your abilities and take the risk. Every good student will find opporunity to get jobs. UK traditionally is an excellent place to pursue UG and PG and Computer Science will be a good program to pursue. Core Computing skills will always in demand despite any bad trends in Economic growth.  

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants
Nanthini Jp Nanthini Jp Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 78 Points: 1085 Trusted Advisor

Hi, according to private ranking with Guardian it ranks 58th positions. It’s nice option for you to take up this course along with your industrial placement since you will understand your subjects in better way, and it helps you to find a job after completion of your education more easily. You will be given 4 month of extension visa to find a job, each university have their own career centre where you can registrar to find a job. Once you have received an offer letter, you can extend for 2 years through Tier 2 visa. 

Nanthini Jp | Peterkins Educational Solution Pvt. Ltd.
Ajay Sathyan Sathyan profile image Ajay Sathyan Sathyan Expert Join date: Feb, 2012 Posts: 414 Points: 6045 Trusted Advisor

Hi Alakhdeep Singh,
Please visit Uniguru Ranking And Rating page for the information on the Times Ranking of Staffordshire University.

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan | Uniguru
Mrinal Singh Mrinal Singh Contributor Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 11 Points: 140 Trusted Advisor

The computer field offers some of the most varied and exciting career prospects. Staffordshire University in the UK is a publically funded institution (otherwise known as government funded in India)

By studying at Staffordshire University you will interact with very experienced faculty, established professionals from the field and will have access to state of the art facilities. Also Staffordshire is one of the few universities that offers a placement year. The year in industry will give you an advantage over others in your field has you will have a good one year to work and gain international exposure. Also if your employer will be satisfied with your performance they might allow you to stay on and work further.

In terms of part-time jobs, they are readily available to international students. Securing a good permanent job depends on your caliber and how you perform at university. Good jobs may not be easy to find, but it is not impossible as well. The field of Computers is constantly expanding and there will always be a need for trained and skilled professionals.

Mrinal Singh | Prem N. Kapur Associates Pvt. Ltd.

Add a quick reply to 'About the Staffordshire University?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.