One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
About Visa
Devi Santhi Kongara profile image Devi Santhi Kongara Member Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Will I get a Visa if i apply for Health care Management in Universities in USA with IELTS score of 5.5.
  • March 27, 2012
  • Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (2)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9937 Trusted Advisor

Hi,  5.5 in IELTS is a low score and it will equivalent to less than 79 in TOEFL and so many Universities may not give you an admission based on your present IELTS score. I  recommend you to work on your English a little longer or get trained from a Training centre and look at a minimum of 6.0 and higher. In fact some of the Universities might ask for a IELTS of 6.5 or TOEFL of 90 plus for Health Care management. 

You visa chances also will be low if you have a low score. Please do take a month or two of training and I am sure you can reach the 6.0 plus levels. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants
Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

USA visa are rejected on two factors:

Factor 1: Potential Immigrant

Factor 2: Insufficiency of Funds

IELTS low score could be reason of being rejected on grounds of being potential immigrant. As USA conducts interview for all applicants it gives opportunity for candidates to explain cases like low IELTS score of 5.5 band, etc. If you could justify the low IELTS score with your education being in English Convent school and further having good English score at 10th and 12th grade. It is quite possible that the USA visa officer may grant USA study visa (F1).

All the BEST!

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre

Add a quick reply to 'About Visa'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.