One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Admission at SJSU for Masters in Computer Science
A B profile image A B Member Join date: Apr, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Hi, I have been admitted to SJSU for SE instead of CS. It would be of great help if you could tell me how the SE course is? And what are the prospects in terms of getting an internship, Research Assistantship (RA), Teaching Assistantship (TA) and jobs after graduation. Thanks a lot.
  • April 18, 2012
  • Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

Each USA University is independent and hence two USA Universities could have different degree name for same courses. Hence, it is important for you to check the course content and not depend on CS or SE name. 

Scholarship, internship in form of RA, TA or GA will depend on your correspondence and research with SJSU and further cannot be guaranteed. You should be ready to bear the two year cost as the worst case scenario if no scholarship is mentioned in the I20. Further, if mentioned in I20 than the scholarship is for first year and the second year scholarship will depend on the funding availability and your GPA in the first year.

I find there is ample job opportunity in USA for both CS and SE provided the subject are of your interest and you are able to market yourself well during the job interview stage.

Regards,

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre

Add a quick reply to 'Admission at SJSU for Masters in Computer Science '

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.