One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Admission criteria and other important information -NUS for 2013 ?
Kavya Vidyarthi profile image Kavya Vidyarthi Member Join date: Oct, 2012 Posts: 3 Points: 0
thank you sir for sparing your valuable time and answering my previous question. sir as you informed me, the cutoffs for NUS were 98% - sir i wanted to confirm whether the computation of marks is on all subject basis or as it in india with best 3 and english? Also sir is it that the cut off's vary with different degrees? sir the application is open for international students and thhy give an option of marking 5 degrees of your choice as per preference. Sir does it leave a negative influence if the degrees have deviation from a single subject as in if i apply for computing should i not apply for business studies, another stream of my interest? sir i have been a state/regional level creative writing winner organised by asisc. i have been an active participant of international convention of student quality circles and other international seminars. also i have been active in event organization and dramatics and various other co curriculars at school level. should i include these?
  • December 15, 2012

Replies (1)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9932 Trusted Advisor

Hi, in general NUS looks at the major subjects. Like if you are applying for Engineering, they will look at your Physics, chemistry and Mathematics plus your marks in English. Though there is specific data from NUS or NTU about selections, I am giving this information based on past experiences of students who have applied through me for admissions. 

I guess if you are keen on Engineering, then give 5 choices in Engineering areas rather than giving some options for Engineering and some for Business. Take a firm call on which career you wanted to in and apply accordingly. 

Your extracurricular activities are good and might add weightage to your application. All the best. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'Admission criteria and other important information -NUS for 2013 ? '

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.