One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
Admission Guidance for MS in Petroleum Engineering
Nassif Kesavath profile image Nassif Kesavath Member Join date: Dec, 2013 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Im planning to apply for MS in Petroleum Engineering Fall'14 and here is my brief profile. Please tell me if i stand a chance to get into Texas Tech 1. Btech in Chemical Engineering from National Institute of Technology-Calicut [overall GPA: 6.87(first class) with average 7.5 in the last 3-4 semesters] 2. 2 College level projects related to petroleum 3. Summer project at Indian Space Research Organisation 4. Summer Internship at a LNG plant(qatargas operating co) 5. One year work experience with the fertiliser industry 6. GRE: 166(quant), 155(verbal) 7. TOEFL iBT: 114/120 8. 12th grade (92% for physics/chemistry/maths) and 10th grade(96% for math/science) 9. Certificate course in "Oil and Gas" Please help me shortlist a good set of universities. And which college might be safe/moderate/ambitious for me
  • December 03, 2013
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (2)

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

Hello Nassif,

It is important to apply to 6 to 8 USA Universities so that you have good admission chance.

I find you have good admission chance at Texas Tech University with your profile assuming your GRE AWA scores are 4.0 scale or above. I will not be able to provide any university list with proper research.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Richard Lasrado, Education Abroad Counselling Centre, Mumbai, India

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre
Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

Hello Nassif,

It is important to apply to 6 to 8 USA Universities so that you have good admission chance.

I find you have good admission chance at Texas Tech University with your profile assuming your GRE AWA scores are 4.0 scale or above. I will not be able to provide any university list with proper research.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Richard Lasrado, Education Abroad Counselling Centre, Mumbai, India

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre

Add a quick reply to 'Admission Guidance for MS in Petroleum Engineering'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.