One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
Admission in US Universities for Masters
Krupal Shah Krupal Shah Member Join date: Oct, 2013 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I got 5.5. in IELTS and 284 in GRE. and i also apply in 5 Universities. it is 1. NYU Poly 2. Cleveland state university,ohio 3. NYIT 4.FDU, NJ 5. California state university , Fullerton Do I have chance to get into any of them.?
  • October 10, 2013
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (2)

Kanimozhi K.L Kanimozhi K.L Expert Join date: Sep, 2012 Posts: 689 Points: 10670 Trusted Advisor

The minimum entry requirement is 3.0/4.0 GPA for graduate applicants, IELTS – 6.5/TOEFL – 85 and above. The university which you have short listed also requires the same entry requirement to enter into the master program. Re-take your IELTS exam and apply to more universities in USA. The university admission team has the final decision to confirm the offer for an applicant.

Kanimozhi K.L | Uniguru Expert
Biruda Virkud Biruda Virkud Contributor Join date: Mar, 2013 Posts: 39 Points: 480 Trusted Advisor

Dear Krupal,

Greetings from Uniguru 

Thank you for your query .

Good to know that you have decided to pursue a MS in USA in Engineering .

Deciding on the colleges to apply to is an important juncture in the college admission process. It starts with careful assessment of where you are and what do you realistically expect to achieve.

Do note that, The Uniguru website has an extensive library of career related articles and videos. 

If you want to gain in depth knowledge about a career or course, universities and admission process, we suggest you to refer the website closely 

http://www.uniguru.co.in/studyabroad/postgraduate/us-usa-university-courses/us-usa-engineering-courses/i/x/all211/1/programs.html

You may want to check the admission chances here for the 5 universtiies that you have applied to , if the chances are weak then I would suggest retaking the tests and reapplying as suggested below:

From your profile , I can see that your IELTS score of 5.5 which is lower than that expected by most US universities for Engineering .

As such US universities base their admission and scholarship decision on the basis the overall student profile which is academics, GRE score and Co- curricular activites , hence I feel you have a good chance to secure admission in reputed US universities for Physiotherapy ,  if you retake the IELTS exam and aim at atleast a 6.5 score and also take the GRE exam as well and aim at a 300 score 

In your profile you have not mentioned about which subject you are interested in under engineering  and what is your academic performance and whether you have work experience , internships to your credit since they also boost your admit chances

Do note you need to start the application process atleast 6 months before the intake month - for Spring 2015 intake all the deadlines would commences from August 2014 itself

Hence you can plan to apply for Spring 2015 intake , you can consider taking the GRE and IELTS by July  2014 and work on the other application requirements since the Spring 2015 deadlines will commence from August 2014 

For this you can refer to the uniguru website for GRE preparation help 

http://www.uniguru.co.in/studyabroad/landing/gre-study-guide-ebook.html

We hope the above information has helped you achieve clarity with regards to your query.

Also, feel free to write to us if you have any further queries. 

Regards,

Biruda Virkud

Admisison Advisor

iGradGlobal

Biruda Virkud | iGrad Global

Add a quick reply to 'Admission in US Universities for Masters'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.