One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Admission to PHD in USA????
Devyani Dhatingan profile image Devyani Dhatingan Member Join date: Aug, 2012 Posts: 3 Points: 0
Sir, i have completed my Graduation in Agricultural Engg followed by an MBA in finance. can I be considered for PHD in Agricultural Economics or Agricultural Finance in USA based on these qualifications. Also i dont have any published research papers to my name nor any research proposal expect the one's required to be completed at the graduation and post graduation level..
  • August 20, 2012
  • Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9932 Trusted Advisor

Hi, Your profile is good and might be considered for PhD. But first you should make a Research Proposal based on what you kind of Research you would like to do. Send the Research Proposals to a few University Professors which offer PhD in your choosen line. If the Professor is interested in your Research, he will write to you back. The process is tedious and it might take a few months to get a Research Proposal approved. 

The other way around is to look for a MBA or MS in USA which offers your specilisation and later progress to a PhD. You would need to do a GMAT exam to go to USA. Alternatively you can look at Universities in Netherlands or Denmark which might offer MS or PhD programs and most Universties may not require GMAT. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'Admission to PHD in USA????'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.