One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
Can I apply for spring intake in US now?
Ranjith Kumar Ranjith Kumar Member Join date: Jul, 2013 Posts: 2 Points: 0
Hello this is ranjith kumar i have completed my bachelor degree in physiotherapy and i have given my ielts xam in which i had scored 6.0 band and i have to give my gre in this week .i want to know that is there any time for me to apply to US universities for spring intake please let me know ....thank u
  • October 14, 2013
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (2)

Kanimozhi K.L Kanimozhi K.L Expert Join date: Sep, 2012 Posts: 688 Points: 10660 Trusted Advisor

It’s too late to start the application process for spring 2014 intake now. Usually you have to begin atleast 6 to 8 months before for US universities as the application deadlines will be over before 2 - 3 months of the program start date. You can now start the process for fall 2014 intake. Also the minimum requirement for English proficiency is 6.5 in IELTS. You can get the list of universities who offer Master in Physiotherapy in uniguru.

Kanimozhi K.L | Uniguru Expert
Biruda Virkud Biruda Virkud Contributor Join date: Mar, 2013 Posts: 39 Points: 480 Trusted Advisor

Dear Ranjith,

Greetings from Uniguru 

Thank you for your query .

Good to know that you have decided to pursue a MS in USA in Physiotherapy.

Deciding on the colleges to apply to is an important juncture in the college admission process. It starts with careful assessment of where you are and what do you realistically expect to achieve.

From your profile , I can see that your IELTS score of 6.0 which is lower than that expected by most US universities for Physiotherapy .

As such US universities base their admission and scholarship decision on the basis the overall student profile which is academics, GRE score and Co- curricular activites , hence I feel you have a good chance to secure admission in reputed US universities for Physiotherapy ,  if you retake the IELTS exam and aim at atleast a 6.5 score and also take the GRE exam as well 

For this you can refer to the uniguru website for preparation help

Do note you need to start the application process atleast 6 months before the intake month - for Spring 2014 intake all the deadlines are over since the session commences from January there 

Hence you can plan to apply for Fall 2014 intake , you can consider taking the GRE and IELTS by Jan 2014 and work on the other application requirements since the Fall 2014 deadlines are also quite close - you have deadlines till about April to apply for this intake 

Here are a few I would recommend you to apply to:

California State University Long Beach

California State University Northridge

Do note that, The Uniguru website has an extensive library of career related articles and videos. 

If you want to gain in depth knowledge about a career or course, universities and admission process, we suggest you to refer the website closely

We hope the above information has helped you achieve clarity with regards to your query.

Also, feel free to write to us if you have any further queries. 

Biruda Virkud

Admisison Advisor

Biruda Virkud | iGrad Global

Add a quick reply to 'Can I apply for spring intake in US now?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.