One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 3 posts
Advantage of Studying Masters in New Zealand
Mathew Chacko Abraham Mathew Chacko Abraham Member Join date: Aug, 2014 Posts: 2 Points: 11

Completed my BE Aeronautical (2008-2012) and now looking forward to do Post Graduate in Mechanical Engineering (Master) in New Zealand or UK.  I need a honest review about the job opportunities for mechanical engineering graduates in New Zealand as the economy there is mainly based on dairy products, farming, tourism etc. from what I heard.  Is it advisable to do  Masters Degree in New Zealand as I am looking at the stayback options to settle there, if possible.  Since I have a huge backlog history (passed out in 2013) which other countries can I opt for further studies including stayback option.

• August 18, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: New Zealand

Replies (3)

Amit Jain Amit Jain Contributor Join date: Jun, 2014 Posts: 23 Points: 285 Trusted Advisor

Hi Mathew!

NZ is having shortage of mechanical engineers in Canterbury/Upper South Island and Otago/Southland. Based on my extensive reseach on highly skilled manpower shortage, you can consider NZ as an option as they have shortage of mechanical engineers in these regions. In case you wish to pursue mechanical engineering course, I suggest you look at University of Canterbury, University of Otago and University of Auckland as available options to pursue Masters in Mechanical Engineering. Alternatively, you can look at UK as an option. BTW UK has shortage of Aeronautical Engineers just in case you wish to reconsider your options for mechanical engineering. Sorry to confuse you but go for Masters in Aeronautical Engineering if you are looking at UK as an option and NZ in case you are planning for Mechanical Engineering!! I dont have details on your academics but in case you have strong academics, look at Germany (the best option for mechanical engineers) as an option for mechanical engineering!! Let me know in case you have additional queries. Happy to help!!

Amit Jain | Scholars Abroad Consulting Pvt Ltd
Mathew Chacko Abraham Mathew Chacko Abraham Member Join date: Aug, 2014 Posts: 2 Points: 11

how good is Massey university, meanwhile I have trouble deciding between pgdiploma and masters. Which one has better employment oppurtunities

thank you

Amit Jain Amit Jain Contributor Join date: Jun, 2014 Posts: 23 Points: 285 Trusted Advisor

Massey is also good. Mathew can you share your resume at amit.jain@scholarsabroad.com so that I can guide you on relevant options!!

Amit Jain | Scholars Abroad Consulting Pvt Ltd

Add a quick reply to 'Advantage of Studying Masters in New Zealand'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.