One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Advice on Masters in Economics
Kavya Saxena Kavya Saxena Member Join date: Jan, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Hello I am a student of economics at Lady Shri Ram college in DU. I would like to go abroad for higher studies. The major issues that i am facing are: 1)I have 3 years undergraduate rather than the necessary four which is required for US. Is there anyway to get over this limitation. 2) While researching for Masters courses abroad i realised that a number of countries offer a joint degree of Masters and PhD rather than solely Masters. Does that mean that the Masters degree is becoming redundant in the field of economics. 3) Is it absolutely necessary to take coaching for GRE, and can I not prepare for it on my own? Hope to hear answers to my queries soon
  • January 07, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate

Replies (1)

Kanimozhi K.L Kanimozhi K.L Expert Join date: Sep, 2012 Posts: 688 Points: 10665 Trusted Advisor

Hi Kavya!

Generally for admissions into Masters Degree courses, many US universities expect 15-16 years of previous education. Hence, 3 years or 4 years Bachelors degree does not make much difference. Joint Degree/Combined Degree programs are offered by few universities which are relatively integrated courses for students who wish to pursue Masters and PhD together. However; Masters Degree courses in Economics are also available in most of the universities. You can find the list of universities on Uniguru that offers Masters in Economics. Ofcourse, you can prepare for GRE through self preparation, though many students seek coaching centers to know the strategy and time management. You can follow the website link given below to find more information regarding GRE exam, sample papers, mock tests, etc.

Kanimozhi K.L | Uniguru Expert

Add a quick reply to 'Advice on Masters in Economics'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.