One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 3 posts
Procedure - after graduation in civil engineering?
Sa Ka Sa Ka Member Join date: Dec, 2012 Posts: 7 Points: 10
hello i did my graduation in Civil Engineering in may 2012 from India. now m planning to GO USA for further studies i can clear TOFEL only so please suggest me good course and also college or university. Also explain me procedure to get admission.
  • March 12, 2013
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (3)

Madhan Kumar Madhan Kumar Contributor Join date: Feb, 2013 Posts: 27 Points: 390

Hi Sahil, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), University of California, Berkeley (UCB), Stanford University, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC), University of Texas at Austin (UT Austin), University of California, San Diego (UCSD) etc.. are some of the top colleges that offer Post graduation courses in Civil in USA. Regarding Courses you can opt for Environmental Engineering and Management, Geo Technical Engineering, Building Technology And Construction Management ot Structural Engineering. You can apply online to these colleges through "Uniform". All the Best!

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9937 Trusted Advisor
Hi Sahil, If you want to do MS Civil Engineering in USA, You would need GRE scores along with TOEFL. If you are planning to do only TOEFL, then you can get in to Universities in UK, France, Ireland, etc. Lots of good Universities in US have MS in Civil Engineering or Structural Engg or you can also consider doing MS in Construction Project Management. University selection will depend a lot on your UG marks, GRE scores, TOEFL scores plus your affordability as University fees might vary from 15000$ per year to 50,000$. Alternatively, you can look at doing MS in UK or Ireland or France or Australia, etc and you just need to do either IELTS or TOEFL exams. All the best.
Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants
Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor
Please check following USA University below, however I am not certain on the department requirement as it keeps changing. Hence it is advisable to visit the Civil Engineering Department before your apply to them. I have provided the list below based on my past experience with these universities. 1. University of Dayton 2. New Mexico state University 3. California State University Sacramento Thank you. Best Regards, Richard Lasrado
Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre

Add a quick reply to 'Procedure - after graduation in civil engineering?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.