1 800 103 2581
- April 12, 2012
- Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: Australia
There is lot of changes proposed to improve the student visa application process. The main changes are
1. A reduction in financial requirements for Assessment Level (AL) 3 and AL4 student visa applicants.
2. Streamlined visa processing for some students.
3. Stopping the Pre-Visa Assessment (PVA) policy.
4. Student visas will be able to be granted in advance of four months before the start of the course
5. The regular review and update of the living cost component of student visa financial requirements.
The government has proposed to reduce the financial requirements for AL3 and AL4 student visa applicants. The following changes have been made.
1. Evidence of funds has been reduced from 36 to 24 months and their savings history reduced from six to three months for AL4 applicants.
2. Evidence of funds for AL3 applicants would be reduced from 24 to 18 months.
The Financial requirements the amount of of AUD36 000 for an AL4 applicant and around AUD18 000 for an AL3 applicant has been reduced.
A good IELTS score of 6.0 is required for the admission criteria.