One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
AL3 and AL4 Australia student visa - Requirements for IELTS
Zainab Manahil profile image Zainab Manahil Member Join date: Apr, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Kindly tell me clearly about the AL3 and AL4 Australia student visa? And what are the financial requirements and IELTS sore for degree level. How much a student should show his finance if not then also tell me?
  • April 12, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: Australia

Replies (1)

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan profile image Ajay Sathyan Sathyan Expert Join date: Feb, 2012 Posts: 414 Points: 6045 Trusted Advisor

There is lot of changes proposed to improve the student visa application process. The main changes are
1. A reduction in financial requirements for Assessment Level (AL) 3 and AL4 student visa applicants.
2. Streamlined visa processing for some students.
3. Stopping the Pre-Visa Assessment (PVA) policy.
4. Student visas will be able to be granted in advance of four months before the start of the course
5. The regular review and update of the living cost component of student visa financial requirements.

The government has proposed to reduce the financial requirements for AL3 and AL4 student visa applicants. The following changes have been made.
1.  Evidence of funds has been reduced from 36 to 24 months and their savings history reduced from six to three months for AL4 applicants.
2. Evidence of funds for AL3 applicants would be reduced from 24 to 18 months.
The Financial requirements the amount of of AUD36 000 for an AL4 applicant and around AUD18 000 for an AL3 applicant has been reduced.
A good IELTS score of 6.0 is required for the admission criteria.

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan | Uniguru

Add a quick reply to 'AL3 and AL4 Australia student visa - Requirements for IELTS '

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.