One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Pilot course in Malaysia - Is it worth
Bama Ravi Bama Ravi Member Join date: May, 2013 Posts: 2 Points: 0
my ambition is to b pilot. my parent affort to spend. bt i heard pilots are jobless in malaysia. can hv a suggestion n opinion of u guys
  • May 25, 2013
  • Preferred study destination: Malaysia

Replies (1)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9932 Trusted Advisor

Hi, CPL ( Commercial Pilot License ) programs are expensive around the world and Malaysia is no exception. In terms of jobs, most pilots who finish CPL abroad look forward to coming back to India and Indian aviation industry is likely to do well with several new airlines are coming to India and so would require 3000 to 4000 new pilots. So I would advise to look for jobs in India rather than Malaysia. If you want some alternatives, look oout for IAANZ in New Zealand, a good flying school and Basair in Australia. It should cost you about 25 lakhs and you can complete it within a year. If you want to come back to India, you need to do the conversion exam of DGCA ( Director General of Civil Aviation) to become a full fledged pilot in India. You are expected to have done about 200 hours of Flying to be eligible for DGCA's conversion exams. 

All the best. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'Pilot course in Malaysia - Is it worth'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.