One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Application and scholarships in NUS
Fazilathul Jameela Shaik Mohamed Syed Fazilathul Jameela Shaik Mohamed Syed Member Join date: Jan, 2011 Posts: 2 Points: 0

I have completed A-Levels in Brunei.I have applied to study medicine in NUS. My A-Level results are as follows: Chemistry-A, Biology-A, Physics-A, Maths-A & General Paper-a. I would like to know if I can enter medicine at NUS.

I would also like to know if there are any scholarships available for me to study medicine

• February 15, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Undergraduate | Preferred study destination: Singapore

Replies (1)

Priya G Priya G Expert Join date: Feb, 2014 Posts: 64 Points: 880

Hi Fazilathul,

Yong Loo Lin School Of Medicine (YLLSoM), National University Of Singapore, look beyond academic measures such as  Pro-social behavior, communication skills, insight, integrity, teamwork, meticulous work habits and responsibility. Admission to Medicine is extremely competitive. Candidates must sit for the NUS Medicine Tests such as FSA and SJT in order to be considered for Medicine. Short listing candidates would be done based on these tests.

All shortlisted candidates must submit a portfolio which consists of

•an official testimonial from your junior college or high school

•two letters of recommendation (to be uploaded by referee)

•a personal statement (one page)

•resume or list of extracurricular activities (one page)

You can also apply to Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School (GMS), a partnership between NUS and the Duke University School of Medicine in the U.S. Alternatively, you may consider applying to Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (LKCSoM), NTU. The admissions processes of YLLSoM and LKCSoM are independent of each other.

For more information you can refer this link 

Add a quick reply to 'Application and scholarships in NUS'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.