One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Applied for student visa through a university but want to join another univ. ?
Yassir Hassan profile image Yassir Hassan Member Join date: Apr, 2016 Posts: 2 Points: 0

I want to start my Masters studies in malaysia and I applied for 2 universities in order to maximize my chances of studying abroad.

I was accepted in one of these universities and applied for the student visa through it, after a while I received the acceptance offer from the latter university which is my first desire to join.

Now my question is that since I have applied for the student visa through the first university, and now I want to defer/cancel the previous offer and join the latter university, would my visa application through the first university be a problem or stand in my way in joining the latter university?

or is there another solution that can be followed?

Your help will be much appreciated.

• April 18, 2016
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: Malaysia

Replies (1)

Nupur Verma Nupur Verma Expert Join date: Aug, 2014 Posts: 115 Points: 1720

Dear Yassir,

Since Malaysian Visa is applied through university only & even on visa university name is always mentioned so if you are keen for change university . You have to inform it to both the Universities,

I hope this information will help you!

nupur verma

Add a quick reply to 'Applied for student visa through a university but want to join another univ. ?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.