One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Applying for MEngg at Uni Of Windsor, will my profile be easily acceptable ?
Uday Saini profile image Uday Saini Member Join date: Sep, 2016 Posts: 1 Points: 0

Ive recently done my B.Tech in CSE with 67% overall and around 12 backlogs.

In the last 2 years of my study I had only 2 backlogs but mostly all the backlogs are from the first 4 semesters and that is the reason for low percentage in degree. 

1 semester - 2 subjects, 
2 sem - 2 sub detained, 1 lab detained.

3 sem - 2 sub detained, 1 failed 

4 sem, 5 sem, 7 sem - 1 subject

I also played Football at State level during the 2nd semester but I dont have a certificate for that and only a certificate for later date. Ive managed to improve my score till last semester scoring 93% in the 8th SEMESTER. 

As per university guidelines I need 73% in last 2 years of study and I am fulfilling that. Would the backlogs affect my chances of being accepted.

IELTS wont be much of a problem as I previously attempted it in 2012 and got 8 bands, all I need is a bit of practice in it.

What should I do here please suggest me.? Thank you in advance

• September 16, 2016
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: Canada

Replies (1)

Swati Vasishta profile image Swati Vasishta Member Join date: Sep, 2016 Posts: 2 Points: 30

Hi

As per the information Shared , Your profile is good but 12 backlogs are not positive aspects if you are applying to Canadian universities . Canadian universities are more academic focused universities and they demand high academics (70% or above) with maximum 7 to 8 backlogs .

In your case if you want to apply to canadian universities than before applying send an email to the university with complete detail about your profile, once they consider it than only apply to that university .

Regards

Seati vasishta

Add a quick reply to 'Applying for MEngg at Uni Of Windsor'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.