One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Australia or Singapore?
Shilp Mehta profile image Shilp Mehta Member Join date: Jul, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I am confused about which country to choose: i.e. between Australia and Singapore. And is it feasible to study in Australia considering present economic situation. I am currently pursuing my bachelor’s in Telecomm Engineering. And would like to pursue masters in the same field in either of the two locations. I have shortlisted two universities, University of Melbourne and National university of Singapore. Which one should I choose? Thanking you
  • July 17, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: Australia

Replies (1)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9937 Trusted Advisor

Hi, NUS is a tough University to get admissions and requires very stringent academic requirements like 8.0 or 80% to stand a chance. University of Melbourne is a very good University and ranks very highly in the world ranking. If you can get in to NUS, then it will be best bet considering that there are only 3 Universities in Singapore and job opporunities for students from NUS is almost 100% and PR chances are very high. 

But with NUS admissions so tough, put applications to both NUS and Univ of Melbourne and take a decision later when you get the admits from the Universities. Australian Economy is still doing well and you do not have to be apprehensive about getting jobs or PR later. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'Australia or Singapore?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.