One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
B.E civil engineer with 8 years experience in oil and gas sector.
Razik Ahamed Khaleel Rahman profile image Razik Ahamed Khaleel Rahman Member Join date: May, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I have B.E civil engineering completed on 2004 and I am working here as a Project Engineer Civil and I want know about the suitable courses will be there in abroad and I have the experience of execution side. But I need the information about short duration courses.
  • May 26, 2012
  • Preferred study destination: Singapore

Replies (2)

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan profile image Ajay Sathyan Sathyan Expert Join date: Feb, 2012 Posts: 414 Points: 6045 Trusted Advisor

Hi, the postgraduate courses in the UK are for 1 to 1.5 years duration, when compared to USA and Australia where the programs duration is for 2 years. Study in UK, also save you on time as most of the courses are completed in shorter durations.  A civil engineering student studying in abroad has more exposure to various modes of problem-solving, the knowledge you gain in abroad gives you different approaches to the design and implementation of civil engineering projects.

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan | Uniguru
Nanthini Jp Nanthini Jp Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 78 Points: 1085 Trusted Advisor

Hi, since you have completed your civil engineering but worked for oil and gas for 8 years - you have an excellent career opportunity in United Kingdom. Since you have many courses like MBA in Oil and Gas, MSc Oil and Gas, MSc Petroleum Engineering, MSc Energy renewable engineering, etc... 

I could able to suggest you to go for Scotland universities since you have many petroleum industries located in Aberdeen. You can choose Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen University, Dundee University, etc.... 

And your masters is about 1 years duration... currently if your looking for this September intake then apply immediately since most of the universities are closed their application process for this particular course. 

Nanthini Jp | Peterkins Educational Solution Pvt. Ltd.

Add a quick reply to 'B.E civil engineer with 8 years experience in oil and gas sector.'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.