One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
How can I shift from bachelors in enginering to masters in fashion designing?
Sunny Malik Sunny Malik Member Join date: Nov, 2013 Posts: 3 Points: 11
well I just wanted to ask whether having a bachelors degree in fashion design a requirement for doing masters. Because presently i'm doing my bachelors in engineering, so can I directly switch over to fashion design(masters) once I'm done with B.tech? if yes, then how? and if no, then what else should I do? diploma or what? plz help.
  • January 05, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate

Replies (2)

Priya G Priya G Expert Join date: Feb, 2014 Posts: 64 Points: 880

Hi Sunny!
Generally a Master's degree program in Fashion Design requires applicants to hold a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution. But Most of the Universities prefer candidates who have an Undergraduate degree in a related area of study and minimal of work experience.
It is advisable to hold any Certificate/ Diploma / A Bachelor's degree program in fashion design since it lays a solid foundation in fashion history, fashion design and consumer trend analysis.
You may have to submit GRE scores for some Universities( In US especially)  and a descent IELTS score to secure Masters Degree. Additional admissions procedures may include the Professional artistic portfolio illustrating proficiency in Fashion and Design done by the individual as well as face-to-face interviews with the fashion design department delegates.
Standard requirements also include a completed application, Essay Summaries / SOP, Letters of Recommendation and a Resume.
Otherwise you can pursue MS in your field of study and simultaneously can do some part time courses in Fashion design. For more clarifications write to enquiries@hotcourses.co.in
Good Luck!

Sreekanth Sv profile image Sreekanth Sv Member Join date: Dec, 2016 Posts: 4 Points: 21

Hi iam a btech civil engineering student , my desire is to study and wrk in france , my relatives is also wrking in airfrance as IT consultant , can u sujest me any course that I convert my bachelor degree to any easy master valued course, and also is there any course to be placed in airfrance 

Add a quick reply to 'How can I shift from bachelors in enginering to masters in fashion designing?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.