One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Bachelors of business management from JCU good enough for MBA at UBC Canada?
Ambika Agarwal Ambika Agarwal Member Join date: Aug, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 0

Hi, I'm a 17 year old girl giving my A levels. I plan to take a 2 year full-time bachelor's course at JCU, Singapore. Although I am aware the college doesn't have the best ranking, I feel comfortable with the idea of studying there as I would only like to take up a job after I pursue an MBA in Canada.

UBC However requires 2 year work experience before offering MBA and also has some study-year requirements, such as 3 or 4 minimum. But JCU offers the same bachelor's degree in 2 years (instead of 4)

Would it be possible to get into UBC after graduating from JCU?

What are the placements like for JCU students? Do they get a job? (In/out of Singapore, doesn't matter)

Please advise.

• August 30, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Undergraduate | Preferred study destination: Singapore

Replies (1)

Khushboo Gera Khushboo Gera Expert Join date: Aug, 2014 Posts: 87 Points: 1265 Trusted Advisor

Dear Ambika,

Hope you are fine.

Thanks for the query.

University of British Columbia needs 4 years of bachelors and minimum 2 years work ex.The admission also depends on the quality of work experience.

The 2 year degree course from JCU,singapore does not fulfill the entry requirement for MBA at UBC.

As far as job placements are conserned universities assist you in getting jobs but there are no campus placements as such.You can not work part time in private institutes at singapore.

What course are you looking at the bachelors level and what is your ultimate aim after the course? We can help you to explore other options too.

Feel free to contact us on 011-49196902,also browse through our website

Khushboo Gera

Team Hot courses India.

Khushboo Gera | Hotcourses India

Add a quick reply to 'Bachelors of business management from JCU good enough for MBA at UBC Canada?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.