One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Basis of admission
Abhishek Sharma profile image Abhishek Sharma Member Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 4 Points: 0
I am doing B.A.LLB from Allahabad University, India and I want to do some pg course from USA in the the field of law so that i could get a decent job in USA. Please tell me what are the pg courses available and on what basis they take admissions.
  • March 25, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan profile image Ajay Sathyan Sathyan Expert Join date: Feb, 2012 Posts: 414 Points: 6045 Trusted Advisor

Postgraduate law prepares individuals to become attorneys or lawyers after finishing the course and passing the bar examination. Students will be taught the general topics like criminal law, religious law, civil law, contract law and many more in the USA.
For admissions students should have a bachelor’s degree , with TOEFL score of 550 or IELTS score of 6.5. You will need to take the LSAT to attend a Law School in the United States.
The LSAT is a 3½-hour paper-and-pencil test required for admission to most U.S. law schools. Comprised of roughly 125 multiple-choice questions plus a writing sample, the test is designed to test the critical reading, data management, and analytical thinking skills that are deemed necessary for success in the first year of law school. Of all admissions tests, the LSAT carries the most weight in the admissions decision-making process, and can account for up to 50 percent of a candidate’s application at the most competitive schools. An estimated 110,000 students take the LSAT annually. Your LSAT score is valid for five years.
US universities have 4 intakes:
1. Spring: January/February
2. Fall: August/September
3. Summer: April/May
4. Winter: December
But most of the universities are open for Spring and few of them for summer & winter intake too. However all subjects commence in Fall and only some in Winter and Summer intake.
For applying to universities in USA, you have to send  Covering Letter, Application Fees, Application Form, Statement of Purpose, Essays, Resume, Reco Letters, Transcripts, Mark sheets & Cert., Bank Statement, Affidavit of Financial Statements,Test Score Report

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan | Uniguru

Add a quick reply to 'Basis of admission'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.