One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
I'd like to do my B.Sc.(CS) in the US. Please guide me
Simba Prady Simba Prady Member Join date: May, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 0

i got 89% in 12th, i want to do bsc(cs) in usa is it worth ? and can i get admission for spring in 2015? 

• May 29, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Undergraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Dr. Shakil Khan Dr. Shakil Khan Expert Join date: Feb, 2014 Posts: 64 Points: 1135 Trusted Advisor

That is a good score - congratulations!

Of-course it is worth going for your B.Sc. in the United States. Besides good scores in Grade-12, you also need to have at least 650 score in IELTS, and be able to pay the tuition and housing cost - which could run up to $20,000 per year, depending upon the school you get into. Very few universities offer scholarship to foreign students, especially at entry level.

You can try for Spring 2015, but remember that the admission process is long and tedious. You need to do the IELTS first, then apply. The visa process alone could take many months in India, because of the backlog and high number of Indian students applying for the visa.

But nothing is impossible. The key is to make a determination and then go for it.

May be you should also consider Canada. It has great universities, is cheaper than USA and admission/visa process is easier.

Dr. Shakil Khan | Dominican International Institute

Add a quick reply to 'I'd like to do my B.Sc.(CS) in the US. Please guide me'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.