One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 3 posts
Can a commerce student study computer science in USA?
Subhajeet Mukherjee Subhajeet Mukherjee Member Join date: Oct, 2013 Posts: 1 Points: 1
I am a student reading commerce at a high school in West Bengal. I want study Computer Science in an University in USA and I am also prepairing to give SAT and TOEFL. So can I study Computer Science in USA? and I want Scholarship where can I get it please give me details!!
  • October 14, 2013
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate

Replies (3)

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

Hello Subhajeet,

The answer to your question can be "YES" or "NO". But you focus on YES at this moment.

Well, each USA University is independent and few may accept you with your existing profile. Few others may want to know if you have taken Mathematics at grade 11 and grade 12. Some universities will make you join some prerequisite course along with your Bachelors or will take some prerequisite test once you reach USA university.

I feel you should apply for USA Universities offering BS in Computer Science or any field of your interest. There is a good chance of you getting admission if you do proper pre-application research with USA universities and than apply.

All the Best!

Kind regards,

Richard Lasrado, Education Abroad Counselling Centre, Mumbai, India

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre
Manraj Singh profile image Manraj Singh Member Join date: Sep, 2015 Posts: 1 Points: 10

i am studying in +! commerce.I want to study computer science in USA and i got 10 year visa and i had visted too but i want to study there so please tell can i study in USA after completing my +2 commerce

Pankaj Kumar profile image Pankaj Kumar Member Join date: Apr, 2016 Posts: 1 Points: 10

I am study in commerce but i want to study computer science in india. Can it is 

Add a quick reply to 'Can a commerce student study computer science in USA?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.