One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 5 of 28 posts
Can I apply for MBA in Australia(Queensland) with an IELTS score: Overall-5.5 and Reading-4.5?
Kuljinder Singh profile image Kuljinder Singh Member Join date: Jan, 2013 Posts: 2 Points: 0
sir tell me can i apply for australia overall 5.5 but in reading 4.5 ielts score for mba in queensland australia
  • January 25, 2013
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: Australia

Replies (28)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9932 Trusted Advisor

Hi, It is highly unlikely that your IELTS will be considered for admission. University of Queensland is one to the Top Universities in Australia and in general require 6.5 IELTS and no band less than 6. I doubt if any University in Australia will accept your present IELTS score, unless you can convince one of the University to do a Pre- MBA or ELICOS programs. 

I would suggest you to prepare for another 3 to 4 months and re-write your IELTS and look for atleast a 6.0 to eligible for most Universities in Australia.

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants
Gullya Valibakova profile image Gullya Valibakova Member Join date: Jun, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 10

hi,,sir i have ielts 5.5,,,,,,am i able to apply to any university in Australia?

Karan Jain profile image Karan Jain Member Join date: Jan, 2015 Posts: 1 Points: 10

I have 6.5 IELTS . I am looking at australian business schools for master in international business . Any comments which is best ones?

Andrea Angelo Andrea Angelo Expert Join date: Jun, 2014 Posts: 115 Points: 1650 Trusted Advisor

Hi Kuljinder,

You have better chances if you retake your IELTS.  We have free IELTS/TOEFL training do let us know if you would like to take up classes with us.

Alternately an ELICOS is the best pathway for your MBA in Australia. Do get in touch with us for further guidance on our Toll free number: 1-800-103-9634 or mail us at enquiries@hotcourses.co.in

Andrea Angelo | Hotcourses India Pvt Limited
Andrea Angelo Andrea Angelo Expert Join date: Jun, 2014 Posts: 115 Points: 1650 Trusted Advisor

Hi Gullya,

You will be able to apply for an ELICOS leading to your main program (UG or PG) in Australia.

Do get in touch with us for further clarification on our Toll free number: 1-800-103-9634 or mail us at enquiries@hotcourses.co.in

Andrea Angelo | Hotcourses India Pvt Limited

Add a quick reply to 'Can I apply for MBA in Australia(Queensland) with an IELTS score: Overall-5.5 and Reading-4.5?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.