One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Can I apply to music?
Lakshmi Kashyap Lakshmi Kashyap Member Join date: Mar, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 0

I am pursuing my 12th grade now. I am professionally trained in Indian classical music and under training in lite music. I want to study music abroad. Is it okay if I am not that good in my academics?

• March 11, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Undergraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Subhashini Vithyapathy Subhashini Vithyapathy Expert Join date: Sep, 2013 Posts: 75 Points: 1185

If you feel that your academic score is not good, you can submit your application with inspiring SOP,LOR, extracurricular activity certificates and your Indian classical music training certificate with very good score on SAT or ACT along with Application materials. In general the university expects that you should have at least 3.0 GPA at the time of admission.International students should demonstrate their English Proficiency by any one of the test results: TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score report with a minimum score of 500 on the paper test, 173 on the CBT, or 61 on the IBT; IELTS (International English Language Testing System) results at the 6.0 band or higher, which varies university wise. Find out the list of universities in USA that offers Bachelors in Music at Uniguru website.

Add a quick reply to 'Can I apply to music? '

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.