One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Can I do MS in canada even after having a MSc from uk?
Nitin Kadam profile image Nitin Kadam Member Join date: Nov, 2015 Posts: 1 Points: 0

I have done MSc in civil engineering from uk that was a one year course which is no more recognised in India. I am hoping to do MS in civil engineering from Canada now. Will there be any problem for admission or Visa processing? 

• November 03, 2015
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: Canada

Replies (1)

Subhashini Vithyapathy Subhashini Vithyapathy Expert Join date: Sep, 2013 Posts: 75 Points: 1185

Hi Nitin,

Greetings from Hotcourses India!

Thank you for query, Usually student who already gained an overseas qualification if they prefer to do further studies again in abroad, there will be a question for you from department/Visa Officer -WHY YOU WANT TO DO ANOTHER MASTERS in Canada. 

If you really have a valid reason for it and you believe that you can justify then you may apply for Canadian Universities. Must have strong standardized test score and Statement of purpose for admission and Visa.

If you have further queries please drop an email to my email id that will help me to provide you accurate assistance further.

Have a great Day!

Education Counselor

Add a quick reply to 'Can I do MS in canada even after having a MSc from uk?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.