One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
How can I get admission in a US uni to do masters with low GPA
Anand Paul Anand Paul Member Join date: Oct, 2013 Posts: 3 Points: 10

I have completed b.tech in ece with 6.5 cgpa. can i get admission in US to do masters in electronic engineering in a good university?

i want to get a job right after doing masters in US. So i want to know which universities provide electronic engineering with placements 

• August 03, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

Hello Anand,

Here is probaby some good News for you that you can definitely apply to USA Universities with your 6.5 CGPA for the following two reasons:

a. Admission in most USA Universities is based on your overall profile and not just on your academics thou academic grades are important. 

b. Most universities have low weight age for academic grades again thou important for the simple reason that evaluation and system followed varies from country to country and hence cannot be easily compared.

So work on your GRE, and you other admission documents besides apply early to improve your admission chances.

All the best!

Warm regards,

Richard Lasrado

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre

Add a quick reply to 'How can I get admission in a US uni to do masters with low GPA'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.