One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 5 of 28 posts
Can I get UK visa without IELTS ?
Salma Aktar Salma Aktar Member Join date: Apr, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Can I get UK visa without IELTS ?
  • February 08, 2013
  • Preferred study destination: United Kingdom

Replies (28)

Madhan Kumar Madhan Kumar Expert Join date: Feb, 2013 Posts: 601 Points: 9315

Hi Salma, yes there are ways! Some of the UK Universities might exempt you, if you got a good score in English Language in your higher secondary (12th). But you will find it very difficult to manage your studies. Also, Some Universities will offer you the English language courses along with the Bachelors.

If you plan to take IELTS in the future, you can apply to the Universities in UK and get a conditional offer. Once you submit your IELTS score you will get a conditional offer.

All the best.

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor
UK has changed its visa policy and it could be difficult for you to get visa approval without IELTS. They could reject your visa directly or may call you for interview. It will not be wise to take the risk of student’s visa without IELTS. Regards, Richard Lasrado
Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre
Poonam Rani Poonam Rani Contributor Join date: Aug, 2014 Posts: 31 Points: 445 Trusted Advisor

Hi Salma,

Thanks for writing to us!

IELTS/PTE is mandatory for the courses below NQF level 6 or bachelor's degree. For bachelor's or above degree courses, universities can provide offer letter without IELTS/PTE but again this depends upon applicant's profile and this is the sole discretion of university.

If university issues a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) without IELTS/PTE then student can file the student visa but again British High Commission reserves the right to call student for further interview in High Commission.

So, this is strongly recommnedable to have IELTS/PTE for Uk Tier 4 Student Visa.

Thanks & Regards

Poonam Rani

Hotcourses Team!

Poonam Rani | Hotcourses India Pvt. Ltd.
Ahmed Haziq Ali profile image Ahmed Haziq Ali Member Join date: Apr, 2015 Posts: 2 Points: 20

Hi this is ahmed haziq ali i have completed my bachelors degree b.com computers application and i have good marks in intermediate english 1st year is 63 and 2nd year is 64 marks. And i want to apply to uk for masters without ielts with low fees college bcoz i have some financial problem.with low fees college i can manage it. So is there any possible requirements for me so plz help me to suggest for uk. 

Thanking you

ahmed haziq ali.

Ahmed Haziq Ali profile image Ahmed Haziq Ali Member Join date: Apr, 2015 Posts: 2 Points: 20

Hi this is ahmed haziq ali i have completed my bachelors degree b.com computers application and i have good marks in intermediate english 1st year is 63 and 2nd year is 64 marks. And i want to apply to uk for masters without ielts with low fees college bcoz i have some financial problem.with low fees college i can manage it. So is there any possible requirements for me so plz help me to suggest for uk. 

Thanking you

ahmed haziq ali.

Add a quick reply to 'Can I get UK visa without IELTS ?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.