One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
Can I go to USA for undergraduate regardless of which stream i choose in class 11?
Bhavya Ahuja profile image Bhavya Ahuja Member Join date: May, 2015 Posts: 1 Points: 0

I am a class 11 student. I have taken commerce with maths. I wish to pursue acturial sciences in USA. I wish to major in economics or maths. can I study in usa for undergrad regardless of what stream I choose? or should it be science or humanities in specific? 

• May 23, 2015
  • Preferred qualification: Undergraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (2)

Jyoti Sharma Jyoti Sharma Expert Join date: Sep, 2014 Posts: 95 Points: 1595

Dear Bhavya,

Greetings from Hotcourses India.

You may go for bachelor in Actuarial Science with Commerce background. Please note that you need to have a strong score in Math. Along with it, US universities need SAT and TOEFL/IELTS score.

Hope the above clarifies.

Thanks & Regards,

Hotcourses India

Priya G Priya G Expert Join date: Feb, 2014 Posts: 64 Points: 880

Hi Bhavya,

Yes you may apply for bachelors in actuarial science however you might have to take some prerequisite courses. Refer this link for same .

Only few universities and quite a few programs accept students from different academic program. If you are into 11th standard this year, it’s early to think about applying to the universities. You should start preparation for SAT and TOEFL this year and mid of next year is when the application deadlines starts. You can get in touch with me on if you have more queries.

Add a quick reply to 'Can I go to USA for undergraduate regardless of which stream i choose in class 11?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.