One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Can i study masters with low gpa?
Suhaib Ur Rahman Suhaib Ur Rahman Member Join date: Mar, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 0

hi,i just finished my BE in mechanical engg from mit,manipal with 6.08 cgpa. im a lateral student so basically i have done only 3+3yr(engg+diploma).i have done my diploma just after my 10th.i just got 7.95 in my 8th sem and my aggregrate from 3-7th sem is 5.7 gpa in engg.I really want to study masters abroad. i dont care about the university ranking. i would prefer countries where i can get a job just after my masters.Im actually planning for something related to energy or oil or gas field.i ll work for 2-3 yrs so that i get a proper industrial exposure, and then apply for masters. Reason of me getting a low gpa is as our colg has relative grading,scoring is very difficult(eg if our class cutoff is 50,then if i score in the range of 60-70 i ll get a D) please advice me what to and how to prepare if im eligible.I would prefer a colg where the cost is bit low and list the names(preferably US or Canada or European countries).im really confused .is an MBA better option? please advice

• June 17, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Vocational/Career-based

Replies (1)

Ashwin Sriram Ashwin Sriram Expert Join date: Jul, 2014 Posts: 50 Points: 720

Hi Suhaib,

Uniguru is soon to become Hotcourses India and the site will be up shortly. In the site, we have search tools to help you find the right course and country in which to study, based on your specific scores. In about a week's time, the site will be up and running. Keep watching the Uniguru homepage space to know how you can access Hotcourses India. If you are keen to start your college hunt right away then give us a call on this toll-free number -  1-800-103-9634. Our counsellors could help you explore your options right away. If you are living in Chennai or Delhi, you can also drop by our office to know more about your options. Cheers.

Ashwin Sriram,

Team Hotcourses India

Add a quick reply to 'Can i study masters with low gpa?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.