One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
Can I transfer my credits to study abroad?
Sukanda Singjaroen profile image Sukanda Singjaroen Member Join date: Jun, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I'm a Mechanical engineering student (year 2) from Asian University, Thailand. And I want to transfer my credits which I had done for 2 years to other abroad university, is there any possibility for me to do so? If yes, what do I have to do to apply to that university by next semester, and also I want to know about the tuition fee and other cost... Thank you so much, Arm
  • June 09, 2012

Replies (2)

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan profile image Ajay Sathyan Sathyan Expert Join date: Feb, 2012 Posts: 414 Points: 6045 Trusted Advisor

There are many courses offered for Mechanical Engineering abroad. Different universities have different procedures for recognizing students who are abroad. You have to consult with the University’s department for more information.  Courses taken to complete a major or minor often have higher minimum grade requirements in order for them to count towards the major. You should discuss these issues with your college for suggestions and comments on your Academic Planning for Study Abroad.

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan | Uniguru
Ajay Mittal Ajay Mittal Contributor Join date: Jun, 2012 Posts: 12 Points: 145 Trusted Advisor

Yes, Many Universities do credit transfer. For that they will look into the modules you have covered up till now in your 2 years and match it with the modules they deliver in their two years.Many times the Universities might give you credit for 1 year. The best way is to shortlist the Universities, in the country that you want to go to, which give credit transfer and send them your marksheets.

Ajay Mittal | International Placewell Consultants Pvt. Ltd.

Add a quick reply to 'Can I transfer my credits to study abroad?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.