One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Career guidance or career change
Srinivasa Reddy Gayam Srinivasa Reddy Gayam Member Join date: Sep, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I am GS Reddy from Guntur, A.P., India. I did P.G. with M.Sc. (agriculture) (Plant breeding & Genetics), aged 37 yrs, Married with two kids aged 7 yrs & 4 yrs, Working as Agricultural Officer in Dept. of Agriculture, Govt. of Andhra Pradesh for the past 10 yrs. At present my gross salary is Rs. 35000/- and a promotion is due in 3 yrs. My wife is an Assistant Professor (M.V.Sc.) in Veterinary College in a Govt. University with a gross of Rs. 40000/- I am not satisfied with my present job and the salary I get. I want to upgrade my skills or change the career. Can I get a good job in Singapore or any other country with my present qualifications? Or is there any diploma or degree that I can acquire from abroad (Singapore or any other country) to get a good job abroad in general and with emphasis on Singapore, USA Canada and Germany? Please guide me. Thanking You, Yours faithfully, (GS Reddy)
  • September 19, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: Singapore

Replies (1)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9932 Trusted Advisor

Hi, Very difficult to give you a suggestion keeping in mind your years of Experience. You can try and migrate to countries like New Zealand where Agriculture or Horticulture professionals are highly paid for. If you can do a Diploma in New Zealand which is a Level & program and above, you can also take your wife and kids as dependents and your wife can also take up full time employment there.

In another 3 to 4 years, you can become a PR there and kids will also get the same status. You might have to invest about 7 to 10 lakhs to study a good program in New Zealand. But average salaries could be higher than 50 to 60,000 NZ Dollars ( 20 to 25 lakhs ) minimum for a Professional like you. 

You can also think of doing programs in Netherlands where Agriculture professionals are in big need. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'Career guidance or career change'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.