One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Requirements to change the course from microbiology to IT courses?
Mani Chava Mani Chava Member Join date: Jan, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 1
Hi, I have completed my masters in Microbiology and now I want to do MS in IT in USA. So, what are the requirements to change my course and which universities accept non technical students to do technical courses?
  • January 03, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Kanimozhi K.L Kanimozhi K.L Expert Join date: Sep, 2012 Posts: 688 Points: 10670 Trusted Advisor

Your interest towards Information technology is appriciated, but since you have completed your Masters in Microbiology, the university may consider it to be an irrelevant course selection and there are chances of your application getting rejected however; some universities may expect the student to have relevant work experience. If you wish to pursue Masters in IT, I would suggest you to pursue a Post graduate diploma/certificate course in Information Technology first and then pursue Masters in IT. This may enhance your profile when you apply for Masters. 

Kanimozhi K.L | Uniguru Expert

Add a quick reply to 'Requirements to change the course from microbiology to IT courses?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.