One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
Civil Engineering or Chartered Accountancy after MCA
Sahil Chopra Sahil Chopra Member Join date: Jun, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 0

Hi..I'v completed MCA with 7.98 CGPA in June 2013.

Grad - BCA (7.36 CGPA)

12th - Commerce (72.6 %)

10th - 75 %

I want to change my feild and thinking about doing Chartered Accountancy or Civil Engineering from UK/New zealand/Singapore/Australia. 

Please guide me in which country and which course I should apply for ? 

• June 12, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate

Replies (2)

Andrea Angelo Andrea Angelo Expert Join date: Jun, 2014 Posts: 115 Points: 1650 Trusted Advisor

Hi Sahil,

Accountancy would be the advisable and closer change in field for you since you have completed your commerce group year 12. However, you will need a strong Statement of purpose in support of your change in field. 

Choose your destination based on availability of the program of your choice.

You can visit Uniguru for more details:

Good Luck!!

Do get in touch with us so that we can suggested you further steps and options. You can write to

Andrea Angelo | Hotcourses India Pvt Limited
Ashwin Sriram Ashwin Sriram Expert Join date: Jul, 2014 Posts: 50 Points: 720

Hi Sahil,

I agree with Andrea -- accountancy seems your best bet, but if you are planning to pursue civil engineering you'll have to convince the admissions team of your capacity to take up a science-math-based course. It is not impossible to move in that direction but it is advisable that you opt for accountancy given your commerce background.

If you are interested in exploring new courses and Unis to apply to study in, then register with Uniguru's new site Hotcourses India -

Here, you'll get free guidance and complete support on all your study abroad needs.

Hotcourses India Team

Add a quick reply to 'Civil Engineering or Chartered Accountancy after MCA '

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.