One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 5 of 7 posts
Should I study MS in UK or US?
Abhishek Parab Abhishek Parab Member Join date: Sep, 2014 Posts: 2 Points: 10

Respected Sir/Madam,

I am now pusuing my graduation from MU. As I am in 4th year of engineering I wanted to know what is difference between MS and MSc? And why the courses in US is about 2 years and in UK of 1 year? What courses i can apply for after graduation in Information Technology for abroad studies?

My qualification is:

Class 10th - 80%

Diploma in IT - 66% aggre

Degree in IT - 55%(till 3rd year).

• September 14, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate

Replies (7)

Khushboo Gera Khushboo Gera Expert Join date: Aug, 2014 Posts: 87 Points: 1265 Trusted Advisor

Dear Abhishek,

Hope you are fine.

Thanks for the query.

The basic difference between the MS and MSC is of the course title.Most of the universities in USA use the term MS and UK univerities use the term MSc. As far as the curriculum is concerned there is no difference.

USA offers the masters course of duration 2 years where as the same in UK is of 1 year because of the difference in the education system of the two countries. UK universities teach you the same course in 1 year  because of the following reasons

1-UK universities cut down on the vacation part

2-USA universities often provide you internships as a part of the course.

If you compare the course curriculum it will be similar,however,the course is designed in such a manner which makes it more intense in UK.

Course Options:

After completing the bachelors you can look for courses like

1-Masters in Information Technology

2-Information Technology Management(in case you want to get into the management part also)

3-Information Technology project managemnt

4-Computing And Information technology

5-Data Analytics

Choosing the country may also depend on the budget(for 2 years it will be double of what is needed for 1 year),stay back opportunities.

You can browse through our website( also in order to explore more options.

Feel free to contact me in 011-49196902 in case of any further doubts.

Khushboo Gera

Team Hotcourses India

Khushboo Gera | Hotcourses India
Abhishek Parab Abhishek Parab Member Join date: Sep, 2014 Posts: 2 Points: 10

Is the value of doing MS in Uk is good or not? Because I have heard that if we do MS from UK we dont get job as fast or good as if we do same from US

Khushboo Gera Khushboo Gera Expert Join date: Aug, 2014 Posts: 87 Points: 1265 Trusted Advisor

Dear Abhishek,

Thanks for the response.

UK is a very good destination in terms of quality education.Students get an extension of 4 months after the completing the course.

Finding a job is not difficult provided you strategise things properly.It is advisable to start looking for jobs once you get settled in the university.You should maintain social contacts.Universities have their career departments who assists you in finding jobs.Try to maintain good contacts with your professors as they are the ones who can help you to get absorbed in various Research projects going on with in the university.Try and take up part-time jobs (on campus/off campus) according to the availability.

USA gives you an extension of 1.5 years to 2 years after the course.As compared to UK though the duration is more but none of the universities provide you a job guarantee anywhere.It is your caliber which helps you to crack an interview.

I hope this helps you.

Feel free to contact me in case any further information is required.

Khushboo Gera

Team Hotcourses India.

Khushboo Gera | Hotcourses India
Amit Jain Amit Jain Contributor Join date: Jun, 2014 Posts: 23 Points: 285 Trusted Advisor

Hi Abhishek,

While considering studies abroad, I suggest you also factor in the investments that you would be open to. For US, you need to have an ideal budget of Rs.25-30 Lakhs for a two year course. However, UK would be cheaper as they have one year programs. Additionally, US requires extensive documentations as opposed to UK that only requires scanned copies of your documents. Let me know in case you have further queries! Hapy to help!

Amit Jain | Scholars Abroad Consulting Pvt Ltd
Raj Sharma profile image Raj Sharma Member Join date: Oct, 2014 Posts: 3 Points: 30

For MS the best place will be Germany, its cheaper and the best part is that they offer excellent employment opportunities such as 1.5 years of Job seeking visa after completion of study.For more guidelines you can contact or call them at 9266004666

Add a quick reply to 'Should I study MS in UK or US?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.