One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
confusion in selecting mba course in jcu
Hemanth Kumar M profile image Hemanth Kumar M Member Join date: Jan, 2013 Posts: 2 Points: 0
I m joining jcu townsville australia for mba/mit dual program, but I want to do mba but its nly 1.5yrs so some confusion what shall I do
  • January 18, 2013
  • Preferred study destination: Australia

Replies (1)

Kanimozhi K.L Kanimozhi K.L Expert Join date: Sep, 2012 Posts: 688 Points: 10670 Trusted Advisor

Hi Hemanth, the course you are talking about is Master of Information Technology - Master of Business Administration.  The degree provides for a very broad study of information technology and business administration. It is a mix of:

The core subjects for the MBA and the Master of Information Technology degrees, subjects from the ‘Outer core’ of the MBA

1 postgraduate level information technology subject of your choice

2 subjects from the entire list of JCU’s postgraduate subjects you meet the pre-requisites for

Core subjects

The core subjects for this joint degree are:

ICT Project 1: Analysis and Design
ICT Project 2: Implementation and Commissioning
E-Business Technologies
Enterprise Database Systems - Oracle
Advanced e-Security
Advanced Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery
Current Business Issues
Strategy and Leadership
Financial Foundations for Managers
Managing Business in a Global Context

All students also must choose to do a Community project, Business plan, or Professional Internship.Options

The remainder of your degree is very flexible. You will choose 1 subject (3 credit points) of our many postgraduate information technology offerings. You also have to choose 2 subjects from the ‘Outer core’ of the MBA, which are:

Marketing Management
People in Organisations
Managing Globally
Economics for Managers
Sustainable Enterprise
Business Law
Data Analysis and Decision Modelling
Independent Studies

Finally, you will choose 2 more subjects from the entire list of JCU’s postgraduate subjects.

Also, there are regular MBA programs to choose from. Also, if you would like to consider other options here is the list of institutions offering MBA courses  You can directly apply to the institutions online without filling a lot of forms for free.

Source: www-public.jcu.edu.au

Kanimozhi K.L | Uniguru Expert

Add a quick reply to 'confusion in selecting mba course in jcu'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.