One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
Cost and scope - MS in embedded systems V/s MS in VLSI design in USA
Aditya Kulkarni Aditya Kulkarni Member Join date: Aug, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Hi I am equally interested in doing MS in Embedded/VLSI systems; however I have heard the scope of VLSI is better in US than the former as far as jobs are concerned. Can you please guide me on this? Also can you please provide me estimates of the approximate MS cost. My budget is 15 -20 Lakhs overall. Can I complete MS in this budget from a decent university?
  • August 26, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (2)

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

There is a possibility that you will be able to manage the cost within 20 Lakhs if you apply to reasonable USA Universities. In addition there is possibility for you to earn in assistantship in the 2nd year. You further have the opportunity to earn 20 hrs per week on campus/off campus after 6 months of study in USA. Finally you could share your accommodation to manage your cost within 20 lakhs.

I am not providing any list as it will depend on your profile and GRE scores but I feel you should be able to manage within budget.

All the best!

Richard Lasrado

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre
Dileep Akuri profile image Dileep Akuri Member Join date: Aug, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 10

Hie , 

I have recently completed my graduation in ECE with  79%. I am planning to do my MBA in Australia . Can any one know . please help me about Education , Financial reqirments and Job oppourtunities after completion of Studies over there.?

tQ , in advance .

Add a quick reply to 'Cost and scope - MS in embedded systems V/s MS in VLSI design in USA'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.