One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 5 of 24 posts
Course after B.TECH in Civil Engineering abroad?
Sa Ka Sa Ka Member Join date: Dec, 2012 Posts: 7 Points: 10
hi, i did graduation in Civil Engineering from INDIA. Now i didn't get well job. so i am planning to study further please suggest some good course and country which has good scope in future for an average student. i got 65% in graduation from GOVT. ENGINEERING COLLEGE.
  • March 17, 2013
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate

Replies (24)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9937 Trusted Advisor
Hi, Civil Engineers are always in demand and so you can look at Australia, where the opportunities to get PR is quite good if you do a 2 year MS program. Your marks should help you get admissions in to a good University provided you can get atleast 6.5 in IELTS. You can also try for some good Universities in UK or Ireland where the Masters will be 1 year and there are good positions for Civil Engineers. Universities in UK or Ireland have the start dates in September and so you should start your applications as soon as possible. If it is Australia, you the programs start either in July or Feb. So I would advise you to talk to a good education counsellor and seek assistance. All the best.
Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants
Biruda Virkud Biruda Virkud Contributor Join date: Mar, 2013 Posts: 23 Points: 315
Dear Sahil, After Civil eng , there are a lot of options depending on you interests If you like technical courses - you can consider Structural engineering , Highway engineering Soil engineering etc. If you like design you can apply for Urban planning, Buidling science If you are interested in mgmt related courses you can consider - Project Mgmt or Construction Mgmt or even Engineering mgmt Hope that helps
Sa Ka Sa Ka Member Join date: Dec, 2012 Posts: 7 Points: 10
Biruda Vikurd i can make my interest in any field but there should be scope of that field so could you please suggest me good field which has scope and also good college so that by taking masters from that college i can get proper field job
Biruda Virkud Biruda Virkud Contributor Join date: Mar, 2013 Posts: 23 Points: 315
Dear Sahil You cannot make an interest, you need to have it from the beginning and support it through related courses/electives in college, projects, seminars etc or work exp if you have that currently all this along with your acads will help you build a strong case for application Also take the GRE and TOEFL tests to be able to apply to good universities abroad Once you have taken these tests we can better judge the universities that suit you. Do write back All the best
Aman Pundir profile image Aman Pundir Member Join date: Jan, 2015 Posts: 1 Points: 28

Dear mam/sir can u please give the names of the courses 

in abroad for civil-engineer and what are the requirement for 

admission after doing btech in india 

Add a quick reply to 'Course after B.TECH in Civil Engineering abroad?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.