One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas educationEnroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countriesUse our interactive tools to discover the right course and Uni in which to studyGet FREE training from our experts to crack IELTS & TOEFL. Register now Call us free on 1 800 103 2581
Admissions open for Spring - 2017
Applications to Universities abroad for the Spring 2017 intake are still open. Get free guidance now!
I am a student from Mumbai currently pursuing T.Y.B.com (completion year - March 2014) and am very much interested in pursuing a career in advertising. I did a short internship in a reputed ad firm in Mumbai and it clicked with me.
I plan to live outside India (preferably USA) and work in an ad firm there.
Now my questions for you are -
1) What specific course is best suited for me.
2) Should i do it from India itself or Doing it from Abroad is better for me to secure a job outside.
3) Please guide me with the eligibility criteria for the same.
4) Many Institutes in abroad require 16 years of education, will M.com in correspondence from Mumbai university suffice that requirement?
5) What exams are accepted by these universities?
6) is Job ex necessary?
7) Any further help in the same matter would be highly appreciated.
December 15, 2013
Preferred qualification: Postgraduate
Preferred study destination: United States
Regarding your query, since you wanted to pursue your career in the field of advertising, there are plenty of options available for media related courses. You can go through the modules on University's website and choose your program. You also have an idea of working abroad, so it would be better if you pursue your Masters abroad. The general eligibility criteria would be a good honors degree, IELTS/TOEFL and portfolio. Doing M.Com either in correspondence or regular doesn't matter. Some universities will ask for work experience whereas some do not, you need to check the entry requirements.